Who are you?
You are an enthusiastic, results-driven person who wants to be part of the growth engine of a company that provides an energizing and open environment. As a business development representative, you are a typical hunter, but also a deal closer. You’ll manage the whole sales process, backed by the expert product knowledge of The Hyve’s IT-colleagues, and guide the process to a successful deal. As you are driven by results, building your network and closing deals are really important to you. You are able to maintain good relations with existing customers and partners, build new relationships with potential clients and spark interest in our products and services.
Who are we?
The Hyve is a young, international IT company, employing 40+ software engineers, solutions architects and data engineers. We are dedicated to delivering solutions that support scientists in life sciences and healthcare R&D using open-source software, open data and open standards. Our vision is to enhance the quality and impact of biomedical research by providing biomedical informatics solutions and we believe that open source is the way to do this.
We mostly interact with researchers who will benefit from our solutions in their day-to-day activities. These include principal scientists, leaders of data analytics teams, and members of R&D IT groups.
Our targets are in top 20 pharmaceutical companies (R&D, Health Informatics, Clinical Development, HEOR), but also Clinical Research Organizations, academic hospitals, research universities and non-profit organizations.
- Creating a sustainable and organic pipeline
- Managing the entire sales process from lead to signed contract and curating the account afterward
- Collaborate with our presales and delivery team for correct technical qualification
- Building and maintaining great relationships with existing and potential clients
- Representing The Hyve at conferences and events in The Netherlands and abroad
- Developing ideas for driving and improving sales
- Interacting with C-level suite, board members, directors and management of large organizations with international footprint and reputation.
- Expanding your network in the influencers base among researchers and scientists using the technologies we support
- At least 5 years of sales experience and proven results
- Experience in sales of IT-solutions, Data Services and/or Life Science Industry
- Inner drive for sales and results
- A high level of professionalism, ability to work both in a team and independently
- Your personal qualities can be described as enthusiastic, assertive, disciplined, persistent and persuasive.
- Outgoing personality, strong communication and social skills
- Based in or willing to move to The Netherlands
- Fluency in English
- Affinity with what we try to achieve at The Hyve: improving the world by providing biomedical scientists with excellent tools for managing their data
- Vision on open source, open science and our values
- Knowledge of IT and/or the biomedical field
- Master’s degree
Nice to have
- Education and experience as a solutions engineer, data engineer, bioinformatician, biologist
- Experience in biomedical research
We offer a 32-40 hours workweek, a competitive salary and a pleasant working environment with young and bright colleagues.
For more information, please contact:
Rosa Bianca Gallo, Senior Sales Executive, firstname.lastname@example.org
Julia Kurps, Team Lead Health Data Infrastructure, email@example.com
Harry van Haaften, Managing Director, +31 30 7009713, firstname.lastname@example.org
You can send your application to: email@example.com
*We do not appreciate being contacted by recruiters based on this vacancy.